Safety, Health & Environment
The health and safety of our employees, clients and the general public is of prime importance to the Company. It is expected that management and employees together do everything in their power to prevent accidents, injuries, occupational illness or the release of any material detrimental to the environment.
Management accepts their responsibilities to identify any hazards in the workplace and to inform anyone who may be exposed to known hazards, and to develop effective operating standards as part of a dynamic prevention program. Where hazards are unavoidable, they will be measured, their effect on people and the environment assessed and the appropriate measures taken to eliminate or control them.
Each manager and supervisor is responsible, and is held accountable, for providing a safe and healthy environment for the employees for whom they are responsible. They will ensure that their processes, equipment and procedures operate efficiently and safely and that they are supported by training and management systems minimize and control any potential threats.
Our employees accept their responsibility of helping achieve and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by participating in training, working safely at all times, and preventing and reporting any practices which could endanger themselves and/or fellow workers.
Management believes that protecting the workplace and the environment against hazards resulting from the Company operations is valued equally with other processes necessary to ensure the Company is successful, and this is achieved jointly between Management and Employees.
We are committed to:
- Provide and maintain a safe, healthy and clean working environment for all employees, our clients and visitors.
- Follow an accepted procedure to identify, report, record and rectify unsafe conditions and practices.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation by the continual monitoring of all areas and aspects of plant and work places.
- Provide appropriate training at all levels.
- Encourage, promote and help all employees to develop a culture of health and safety in their work places.
- Measure, by means of a formal evaluation system, the extent to which health and safety objectives have been met.